Set up machines and machining of complex parts with close tolerances. Requires the ability to machine parts using CNC Lathe and/or CNC Mill with little or no supervision.
Essential Job Functions
- Set up tooling and fixtures on machines using engineering set up drawings
- Establish origins of machine to fixture and machining of first part to blue print requirements
- Inspect and verify part
- Run production parts after set up
- Establish production standards and optimize production for maximum output while maintaining quality and blue print requirements
- Perform in process inspection and benching of part during machine cycle
- Complete all inspection data, SPC charts and certified operator documentation
- Compliance with safety standards and guidelines
- Maintain good housekeeping during all phases of production
- Make accurate and detailed transactions of work done in ERP software.
- Provide support for Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives, companywide.
- Other duties, reporting, special assignments or projects as needed and assigned.
- 4-7 years CNC Machining experience in a regulated industry, aerospace preferred
- Knowledge of set-up and operation of CNC machines with excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to read blueprints
- Physical Requirement include: standing for long periods of time, and lifting up to 50 lbs
- Must be willing to submit to and satisfactorily pass any pre-employment screening required for employment with NMG Aerospace (i.e. drug screen, background check, eye exam, hearing exam, etc.) and any subsequent testing required for the position during employment.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50 percent of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office or shop floor to access work supplies, tools, machinery, etc.
- This position may require physical activity to include handling of objects up to 40 pounds. Anything above this weight limit will require the use of the proper equipment outlined during OTJ and workplace safety training. Physical activity may also include long periods of standing, sitting, and walking.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completed apprenticeship program; journeymen certification preferred
In addition to competitive wages, NMG is proud to offer a retirement saving plan, excellent health and wellness benefits including a $350 annual wellness allowance for assistance with personal health and fitness goals, can earn up to 4 weeks paid-time off, on the job training, education assistance and a variety of other supportive programs to meet our teams member's needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)