Axiologic Solutions, a rapidly growing Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business has an IMMEDIATE need for an Systems Administrator to support our mission critical work in support of our government customer at MCAS Yuma, AZ
The Systems Administrator will be familiar with Information Technology (IT) concepts, practices and procedures and work with customer counterparts to operate/administer network enterprise services.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Performance Management Services
• Provide Performance Management services IAW AFI 33-115V1, such as: trend analysis, predictive modeling and use of other diagnostic tools.
• Collect data to develop and report metrics that are approved by Air Force/DoD customers.
• Provide input to monthly network services outage report that should include network service outages, their duration, number of users impacted, etc.
• Provide real-time system operational statistics for proactive management of network services.
• Configuration Management
• Fault Management
• Monitor and respond to Fault Monitoring Management services.
• Collect data by monitoring and analysis of network behavior and report such data as required by Air Force/DoD customers.
• Provide monthly input to the Network Services Outage Report.
• Air Force Unique IT Systems Support
• Assist the government in the performance of system administration and database configuration control and documentation support for customer support for unique systems.
• Provide hardware maintenance of unique systems.
• Execute technology insertion and system refresh required for unique systems as determined by the Government.
• System Administration
• Provide SA for systems, servers, workstations, peripherals, communications devices and software are on-line and supported.
• Have a thorough understanding of customer's mission needs and be completely knowledgeable of hardware and software capabilities and limitations supporting that functional system.
• Comply with established policies, directives, and guidelines.
• Perform the responsibilities delegated by the network operations center and network control center to optimize performance and quality of service.
• Ensure servers, workstations, peripherals, communications devices and operating system/application software are properly configured for network operation, are on-line and are available to customers.
• Assign and maintain user IDs and passwords. Administer user privileges on the system.
• Perform routine system maintenance.
• Work with the network operations center and network control center to implement network security policies and procedures.
• Implement software patches and security fixes as required by the network operations and security center or program management office.
• Test and validate the proper operation and configuration with appropriate patches and fixes, as required above, prior to restoring any device to the network.
• Ensure physical security of Information Network components.
• Monitor difficulty reports, heads-up messages and system advisory notices.
• An active DoD Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility is required.
• Associate’s Degree (preferred) in a related field or the equivalent combination of related education, professional training or work experience (4 years).
• 2+ years of experience in Systems Administration (preferably in Air Force environment).
• Minimum IAT Level II certification in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M (i.e. – Sec+ CE [MCSA]).
• MCSA certification (or higher) required.
• Windows server 2008/2013/2016, Active Directory Domain Controller, Authentication, Dynamic DNS, VMWare, VNX Series Block based storage SAN solutions, Horizon View Administrator, EMC VNX Unified Storage systems, Big Data Analytics, GreenPlum, Hadoop, and SQL Server while applying cybersecurity methods.
• Ability to work well with others.
• Good communication skills.
• Self-starter – minimal supervision required.
• Good organizational skills.
• Proficient in MS Office tools.
• Knowledge of common base-level (Air Force) communication and IT systems desired.
• Familiarity with Air Force Instructions (17 and 33 series) desired, especially 33-115v1.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org, call 571-758-3780, or visit our office at 8280 Willow Oaks Corp. Dr. Suite 450, Fairfax Virginia for assistance. Determinations on request for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.