Our ideal candidate will proactively partner with Project Managers and other members of the project team to help monitor and coordinate projects from start to finish.
- Project Delivery: Learn Brown and Caldwell’s project management systems and standards. Partner with project managers to ensure that all projects meet internal performance requirements in areas such as budget, contract, billing, documentation, communication, and quality control. Have a thorough understanding of the overall scope of work for each project assigned. Train new project managers on internal systems and project delivery requirements and expectations.
- Budget/Financial: Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of overall project budget and financial status. Work with project managers to establish budgets which meet company guidelines. Enter budgets into our accounting systems and update frequently as changes are made. Review financial reports. Monitor labor charges, expenses, subcontractor invoices, and other costs. Work closely with the accounting department to expedite the client invoicing process. Act as point of contact for any client, subcontractor or internal team member on questions related to project finances.
- Project Reporting: Work closely with project managers, quality reviewers, and accounting staff to lead the successful and timely delivery of the month end reporting process, which involves a review of overall project health, earned value analysis, project invoicing, schedule review, and workload forecasting.
- Project Setup and Closeout: Work closely with Legal, Health & Safety, and Contract management staff to assist with contracts, subcontracts, amendments, and request certificates of insurance. Help project managers create the Project Management Plan, draft contact lists, and deliverables tracking.
- General Project Support: Assist with daily project needs as assigned by the project manager and technical staff.
- Team Effectiveness: Build relationships with project managers, team members and support.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum three years of related experience in Project Accounting and/or budgeting; experience in project support/coordination. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration preferred.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams, and Outlook. Power Point, MS Project, and Access skills are a plus.
- Should be able to anticipate project needs and have the ability to identify work assignments independently.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) are essential.
- Successful candidate will be proactive and self-motivated.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize working in a fast-paced project environment required.
- Willing to work occasional overtime.
About Brown and Caldwell
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, Calif., Brown and Caldwell is a full-service environmental engineering and construction firm with 52 offices and 1,700+ professionals across North America and the Pacific. For more than 70 years, we have created leading-edge environmental solutions for municipalities, private industry, and government agencies. We strive to be the company of choice—to our clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our commitment to client service, collaboration, and innovation. Join us, and you will find a home where you can do your best work, reach new levels of expertise, and enjoy exceptional development opportunities. For more information, visit www.brownandcaldwell.com
This position is subject to a pre-employment background check and a pre-employment drug test.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Brown and Caldwell does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and approved engagement request with Brown and Caldwell, Brown and Caldwell reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Brown and Caldwell is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer. Minorities/Women/Disabled and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply. Brown and Caldwell ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.