Aiken Regional Medical Centers
Aiken Regional Medical Centers, located in Aiken, South Carolina, opened its doors in 1917 as the Aiken Hospital and Relief Society. Today, the hospital is a 273-bed acute care facility offering a comprehensive range of specialties and services. Aiken Regional Medical Centers is owned and operated by a subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS), a King of Prussia, PA-based company, that is one of the largest healthcare management companies in the nation.
Aiken Regional Medical Centers has been ranked a top hospital in South Carolina by the Carolina Center for Medical Excellence for its treatment of heart attack, heart failure and pneumonia. The hospital has over 900 skilled healthcare/support professionals, a medical staff of more than 120 multi-specialty physicians, and a team of 230 volunteers keep us going with their dedication to excellence. Its “100K Lives” campaign was so successful that Aiken Regional was named a “Mentor Hospital” to teach other facilities how to get such good results. Residents of Aiken, Barnwell, and Edgefield counties named us the #1 and most caring hospital in the region. In fact, these same residents said Aiken Regional Medical Centers had not only has the finest nursing staff, but is also the best choice for emergency medical care, medical services, maternity, outpatient procedures and other services.
Aiken Regional Medical Centers performs more than 8,000 surgeries each year, delivers more than 1,100 babies annually and provides nearly 50 specialty services through its acute care facility, behavioral healthcare hospital, inpatient rehabilitation hospital, and the Cancer Care Institute of Carolina.
To be the healthcare provider of choice.
To provide superior quality healthcare services that:
- Patients recommend to their families and friends
- Physicians prefer for their patients
- Purchasers select for their clients
- Associates are proud of
- Investors seek for long-term returns
- The Community supports
Values — The Three I's
- Integrity: Doing the right thing for the right reason.
- Intensity: Caring about what you do to be the very best at it.
- Intelligence: Having the skills and tools to effectively perform your role.
- We provide superior quality patient care
- We are committed to being a highly ethical healthcare provider
- We value each member of the team and all their good work
- We are devoted to serving our local community